During the weekend of April 21st-22nd, members of the Travel and Transport Statesman team attended a familiarisation trip to Amsterdam courtesy of KLM and SACO Apartments.
KLM Experience from Heathrow
- A very stylish lounge, with peaceful lighting, split on 2 levels.
- Lounge has a good selection of food, including vegetarian sausages.
- There is a VIP room which includes your own bathroom.
- On board is simple but stylish aircraft décor.
- Polite and friendly cabin crew.
- Business Class journey provided ample refreshments for the short 45min journey, including pastries, luxury yoghurt, fresh fruit, and a pastrami and cheese selection, all delivered on an individual tray with silverware.
KLM Experience from London City Airport
- Full VIP experience available at City Airport for just £95 per person, taking you from kerb to aircraft steps;
- Passengers are collected from the terminal and driven by limousine to the newly renovated lounge which has its own security clearance
- Luggage is taken on arrival at the lounge with your passport and boarding pass
- Selection of complimentary food and drink available in the lounge
- When ready to depart, passengers are called into security area
- Hand baggage has already been security checked and in the vehicle
- Passengers are driven to aircraft approx. 20 mins prior to departure
- The rep takes passports and boarding pass to the gate to be finalised
- A very worthwhile experience, taking the ‘hassle’ out of travelling
SACO Apartments, The Wittenberg
- A beautiful building, the SACO apartments are located in an old Lutheran church.
- Only 25min journey from Schiphol airport.
- A good, quiet location with a tram stop at the end of the road.
- Parking available on site.
- Apartments are well equipped, with technology such as Apple TV, and a dishwasher.
- Tastefully decorated, and spacious.
- A very tasty lunch is available in a modern designer annex called “the Glasshouse”.
General tips for Amsterdam
- Immigration queues at Schiphol airport can be lengthy – allow time for this.
- A canal cruise is a good way to see a lot of the city in an hour.
- Watch out for the constant stream of cyclists.
- The Heineken Experience is good for a group activity but not suitable for Corporate.
- Most places in walking distance so bring good walking shoes.
Thank you to KLM and SACO Apartments for hosting the great weekend!