Last month, members of the Travel and Transport Statesman team went to Dublin on a familiarisation trip with The Doyle Collection. Here's how they got on...
The Doyle Collection Hotels
Croke Park Hotel, Dublin
The hotel is just a 20 minute taxi ride away from the airport. It offers lovely continental Irish style breakfasts and the team were fortunate enough to stay on the Executive floor which has its own lounge area offering food and drinks. There are many reasons to stay at the Croke Park Hotel, but just to name of a few:
- The rooms are lovely, with very comfy beds and amazing pillows.
- The rooms on the Executive floor include little extras such as chocolates on the pillows and gin & tonics from the mini bar.
- Seamless checking in and out process.
- Professional and lovely staff.
Westbury Hotel, Dublin
This 5* hotel is in an amazing location in the fabulous city of Dublin. There is a fantastic outdoor terrace seating area which could accommodate approximately 5-20 guests. You can also enjoy an impressive afternoon tea or take advantage of the all-day bistro style menu in the restaurant.
River Lee Hotel, Cork
The River Lee restaurant has some of the best food and drink in Cork, and it is very popular with locals as well as hotel guests. Along with the beautiful views across the River Lee and Cork city, our team have highlighted many other reasons to stay at the River Lee Hotel:
- Impressive lobby area with high ceilings.
- Recently renovated bar and dining area.
- A continental breakfast is on offer, as well as cooked breakfasts which can be ordered off menu.
- A great hotel for holding an Event with a modern meeting and outdoor space available.
General tips for Dublin and Cork
- Fab Food Trail in Dublin offers the opportunity to visit artisan shops and sample Irish delicacies.
- Allow plenty of time to travel from Dublin city centre to the train station.
- Brunch at Balfes in The Westbury hotel is a must do.
- Visit the River Club at River Lee Hotel in Cork for dinner even if not a guest.
- Cork Airport is very small and easy to navigate. It is also only 3 miles from the city centre.
A big thank you to The Doyle Collection for hosting a great weekend!