You will have recently read about the upcoming implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR requires that data privacy compliance standards be met by May 25th, 2018. This regulation applies to the data privacy policies of any business that processes personal data relating to EU residents.
As part of a global company, we take this new regulation and the privacy of our customers very seriously. In anticipation of the new GDPR implementation in May 2018, we have formed a process for driving compliance with the requirements of those new rules:
- Established an Office of the Data Privacy Officer.
- Established requirements for Travel and Transport Statesman roles to report directly into the enterprise Office of the DPO
- Engaged a third-party audit firm to conduct a GDPR analysis for Travel and Transport and Travel and Transport Statesman’s domestic and international locations.
- Reviewing contractual requirements with our third-party vendors.
- Updating internal policies and procedures to conform to the GDPR requirements.
- Providing GDPR training for entire employee base.
We have already trained specific key management levels across all departments on the details required of the GDPR, and included every department as part of our GDPR assessment.
We are proud to state that we have completed full GDPR data mappings for all internal applications and processes, and have incorporated these requirements into our normal security practices.
For more information on the GDPR and to view the full text of the regulation, click here to visit the GDPR informational page from the European Commission.
If you have any further questions, please contact your Travel and Transport Statesman account manager directly or send an email to PrivacyOffice@tandtstatesman.com.