CO2 ZERO: Both Air France and KLM give customers the possibility to offset CO2 emissions generated by their trip, allowing passengers to fly CO2 neutral in an easy and effective way at low cost. Proceeds are invested in Gold Standard Projects such as the “CO2OL Tropical Mix” project which is a reforestation initiative in Panama selected by KLM in October 2017.
Our Exclusive offer: KLM in partnership with Travel and Transport Statesman will absorb the CO2 offset cost related to your KLM flights from the UK to Amsterdam in March and April 2019. To make a difference towards a more sustainable air transport, book KLM!
Committed to Customer Social Responsibility
AIR FRANCE KLM’s ambition is to set the standard in CSR and to remain the front-runner in the air transport industry.
Here are some of KLM’s main initiatives:
- Serving 100% sustainable UTZ Certified coffee to their passengers.
- Efficient fleet: introduction of B787s. The Dreamliner is 46% more fuel efficient than the B747 Combi.
- Pioneering the development of a biofuel market. For all its flights originating in Los Angeles, KLM will be using sustainable biofuel for the next two years. Using biofuel on a large scale can reduce CO2 emissions by 80%.
- All paper documents and manuals for crew have been digitalised on iPads. KLM Cityhopper was the first EU airline to do so. A Media App has replaced all newspapers on board which saves 21 tons of paper per year. This reduces the on board weight, and thus the fuel use, and avoids large paper waste streams.
Air France has implemented the following actions:
- Toulouse - Paris-Orly flight has been powered using biofuel, showcasing responsible travel.
- Introduction of the more efficient B787 Dreamliner to the Air France fleet.
- Boeing 777 cabins had been refurbished with Economy class seats that are 24% lighter.
- Lighter seats in Air France’s medium haul fleet. This accounts for a reduction of 3,700 tons of CO2 emissions per year.
For further information on this and to fly responsibly with Air France KLM, please contact your Travel and Transport Statesman team.